Mold can be found pretty much anywhere. It grows year round both indoors and outdoors and can be found in a variety of colors ranging from white and orange to green, blue and black. Any area that is warm, humid and moist is the perfect environment for mold growth. Some of the places that mold can be found around your home and yard include:
• Shaded areas along your homes siding that stay damp
• The north side of your house or under a tree
• Areas where leaves and other plant matter is left to decompose
• Bathrooms that are poorly ventilated
• Wall of underground basements, especially during heavy rains
• Food that has gone bad, especially fruit and dairy products
• After a flood (this is the time that mold can cause serious problems within your home.
Symptoms of Mold Exposure & Sickness
For many people, mold is a nuisance that looks unsightly, but for others especially those with allergies and other respiratory issues, mold can have devastating effects. Some of the symptoms of mold exposure can include a stuffy nose, itchy eyes, wheezing and other breathing issues and skin irritation. For people who have a severe mold allergy or for those with chronic lung conditions such as emphysema, fever and shortness of breath are common complaints.
Black Mold Symptoms
Black mold or toxic mold including Stachybotry chartarum can produce toxins that can be deadly and have been linked to disorders as minor as hay fever to serious illnesses including liver damage, pulmonary edema and in very severe cases, brain or nerve damage and even death.
DIY VS Hiring a Professional to Pressure Wash Your House to Remove Mold
Many homeowners take a great deal of pride taking care of their homes and maintaining their yards but some jobs can be too large and difficult for them to complete properly. Pressure washing to clear a home of mold growth as well as dirt and debris is one of those tasks. Some homeowners who try to tackle this job on their own may try to scrub the mold with a scrub brush and bleach. This will take a long time! In addition, the bleach can lighten surfaces and the runoff will kill plants. The experts at Big Moose Pressure Cleaning understand mold and how to effectively remove it from the outside of your home. Our professional pressure washing dislodges mildew and mold in a fraction of the time and with much less effort.
Some of the Benefits of a Big Moose Professional Power Washing Include:
• Professional grade equipment and experience to get the job done correctly.
• Professional pressure washing avoids causing unnecessary damage to the outside of your property. Your Big Moose Pressure Cleaning technicians understand the equipment and which attachments to use along with the right amount of water pressure to ensure your property is protected.
• The experts at Big Moose Pressure Cleaning are insured for your complete peace of mind and protection.
• Our power washing technicians know how to protect the environment including the impact caused by run-off as well as limiting the amount of water use to further protect the environment you live in.
Professional Pressure Washing & Power Cleaning in McDonough, Barnesville, Fayetteville, Covington, Locust Grove & Griffin Georgia
Your Big Moose Pressure Cleaning technicians can also clean your shingles, driveway, roofs, eaves and any other areas outside your home quickly and professionally. Pressure washing can prolong the need for a new coat of paint, rid the exterior of mold and revive the beauty of your home.