Mold and mildew can be found in places. If you have decks, patios, walls, and even on the siding of your home, mold and/or mildew could be slowly taking over. Have you ever noticed a greenish or brownish residue on any surface outside your palace? Chances are, that is either mold or mildew slowly advancing. Where many might be offended, because they keep their home in pristine condition, that mold or mildew could be found anywhere on their property, it really doesn’t take much.
Big Moose Pressure Cleaning would like to expound on the topic of mold and mildew, what damage it is causing, ways to prevent it and how to remove it.
– Mold and mildew are species of fungi, closely related to the mushroom. In favorable conditions, mold and mildew can easily take form and thrive. Mold and mildew are often found in the showers and bathroom areas, but usually the dedicated housekeeper in you keeps that from getting out of control. Mold and mildew need a few key elements; 1) little to no sunlight 2) poor air circulation 3) humid, damp or moist environments 4) food source, organic substances.
– Clutter or vegetation, including mulch or yard debris, i.e. leaves, sticks, grass clippings and dirt/mud, could be contributing to the mold or mildew outbreak on the exterior of your home. Mildew is natural, and commonly found growing on tree bark. When the trees get harvested, and are then introduced in your mulch, the mildew is already present, and once settled under optimal conditions, will continue to grow.
– Often the mold and mildew can even be brought into your home through the HVAC system, or being transported from the bottom of shoes inside. When the mold or mildew is growing on the exterior of your home, it will remain until either the conditions are altered, or it is removed. Most likely the latter will be the only way to escape their infestation.
– Mold and mildew can be quite harmful to your health. Allergy sufferers, asthmatics, and those with respiratory concerns can be under duress if mold filters and settles into your home. Long exposure can even influence healthy people to have ailments. For those who may be allergic to mold, you might experience sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes, coughing, shortness of breath and throat irritation. For other people feeling the effects of mold exposure, their symptoms could include; nasal and sinus congestion with a runny nose, chest tightness, wheezing while breathing, cough, throat irritation, and excessive sneezing.
– Mold and mildew can be extremely difficult to remove; it takes a lot of elbow grease and back breaking scrubbing and a large amount of time to accomplish it by hand, along with the perfect formulated detergents that is safe for surfaces, but effective on depleting the mold and mildew. It is highly recommended you seek professional assistance.
Residential Pressure Cleaning & Commercial Power Washing in McDonough, Barnesville, Fayetteville, Covington, Locust Grove & Griffin Georgia
Our professionals at Big Moose Pressure Cleaning have been expertly trained to handle our superior equipment and detergents to ensure surfaces treated are done efficiently and quickly without inflicting any damages. If mold or mildew is growing on the exterior of your home, decks, patios, fences, or walls, you need our help to get that mold and mildew removed, call us today to get started!