Typically, people do not think about their rooftops unless there is high-alert issue. When there is a leak, tree branches fall on it after a wind storm, trying to sell the house, and other such examples might incline you to wonder what kind of state your roof is in. There is so much that can actually impact your roof than you might suppose, from storms, vegetation, humidity, even bird and wildlife can inflict your roof without you really seeing the lasting effects until it is plainly obvious. There are some maintenance services you can take advantage of to spare your roof from a lot of issues, and soft wash roof cleaning is one of them. With that in mind, we at Big Moose Pressure Cleaning would like to take the opportunity to share a handful of examples of the benefits you have with investing periodic pressure cleaning.
Is Roof Cleaning Necessary?
1) Roof Insurance Claims: Mold is a common problem in homes, and it can undoubtedly spread to the roof. If there is ever a problem concerning mold on the roof, most insurance carriers will inquire about the care and cleaning the roof had, and if there wasn’t any preventative attempts with cleaning efforts, the insurance claim can legally be revoked. A simple stain can result in the need for an entire roof replacement or lead to structural damage. Keeping records of routine professional pressure cleaning can prevent many problems, and if an issue arises, keep your insurance claim active.
2) Roof Damage Prevention: The organic material in the shingle hosts a number of organisms that live and feed there. Moss, algae, and lichens are a few examples of the organisms that cause continuous damage over time. If they are not periodically removed, the damage could be devastating. With pressure cleaning services, these organisms can be easily removed to avoid such damage.
3) Aesthetic Roof Restoration: Not only will the moss, mildew, and mold mar the rooftops aesthetics, but so does the buildup of the pollution residues, bird droppings, dirt, mud, and other debris. To restore the roof’s overall appearance, pressure cleaning effectively removes all the filth and buildup.
4) Avoid Wood Rot with Roof Cleaning: In addition to the organisms mentioned and the lingering moisture that was not able to fall off the roof due to obstructions, wood rot is a common consequence. Mold and other such organisms expedite the wood rot that can even be caused from age, climate, and weather conditions. Delay the effects of wood rot by getting the roof pressure cleaned every so often.
5) Money Savings: Heating and cooling costs can be compromised by the debris left on the roof. To ensure you heating and cooling costs remain manageable, a pressure cleaning is a contributor. Not only can you save money with your energy use, but you will most assuredly save cash from preventing costly damages caused by mold and other organism growth as well as acidic droppings from birds and other wildlife. Getting your rooftop pressure cleaned is a more cost effective investment than potentially spending upwards of thousands of dollars in repairs or even a roof replacement.