Sandblasting is the process in which compressed air is used to blast a surface with an abrasive medium. It’s an effective way to quickly prepare a surface for cleaning, repair, refinishing or painting. Surfaces can look uneven when paint cures if the surface is not sandblasted. It may even flake or bubble once the project is completed.
Sandblasting Can Remove Paint, Rust & More
If you haven’t been able to remove rust, paint, contaminants, grime or stains from surfaces with other methods, sandblasting might be the only thing that will. Sandblasting can also be used to smooth a rough surface, roughen a smooth surface, shape a surface or remove surface contaminants. Other items that can be sandblasted include but are not limited to homes, trucks, trailers, motorcycles, outdoor and furniture.
Benefits of Sandblasting
1. Restore Rusted Metal with Sandblasting. Rust oxidizes metal and causes damage and sandblasting is effective at removing it. Sandblasting is an easy and beneficial way to make equipment look like new and is great for the food industry where equipment has a buildup of rust and needs to shine again.
2. Sandblasting is Great at Surface Preparation. Surfaces with rough spots can look bad when you paint them. Sandblasting efficiently smooths a surface so the paint goes on nicely and that it sticks. This is even more beneficial for surfaces that have layers of old paint. With each added layer of paint comes more bumps and rough spots. Sandblasting is a great way to prep a variety of surfaces that you want to paint.
3. Sandblasting Cuts Through Oil & Contaminants. Automotive shops and other businesses that have oil accumulation will need to be cleaned from time to time. While it can be cleaned manually, it will not remove oil and grime that is stuck and has been sitting for a long time. Along with that, it doesn’t require any harsh chemicals and the equipment used to do it will be clean and free of debris.
4. Sandblasting is Non Toxic & Safe. Many methods of cleaning use harsh chemicals to get the job done. These chemicals need penetration to work properly and are hazardous to breathe in. Sandblasting allow the process to be done without the use of harsh chemicals so the items being cleaned are safe and the environment is too. There isn’t a lot of prep time and your surfaces will be safe from damage.
5. Save Time with Sandblasting. Probably the biggest advantage to sandblasting is the time you will be inconvenienced with the process. There is very little downtime. You can be sure of a fast turnaround when you choose sandblasting. How quickly the job gets done will depend on the size of the surface being cleaned. The same job you would clean manually would take a fraction of the time with sandblasting.
Sandblasting Services & More in McDonough, Barnesville, Fayetteville, Covington, Locust Grove, Griffin, Stockbridge & Social Circle Georgia
A professional company that offers sandblasting services will have the understanding and expertise to get the job done right, making it important to choose the right company. Big Moose Pressure Cleaning offers just that. We can sandblast a wide variety of projects from big too small. Give us a call today to get started!