Graffiti can be a beautiful form of artistic expression when it is done with permission and in the right places. However, unwanted graffiti can be an eyesore and a nuisance. It will often devalue your property and even contribute to the decay of the community. Fortunately, there is a solution. For a fast and effective way to get rid of graffiti, you can do it with pressure cleaning. Today, Big Moose Pressure Cleaning would like to share how pressure cleaning can remove graffiti with ease!
What is Pressure Cleaning?
Pressure cleaning is a cleaning method that uses high pressure water spray to remove dirt, grime, mold, loose paint, and yes, even graffiti, from many different surfaces. The pressure from the water can be adjusted to suit different cleaning tasks, making it a versatile tool for maintaining cleanliness and aesthetics in various settings. Pressure cleaning often only uses water and power to clean a surface. However, occasionally a cleaning agent is used or a pre-treatment cleaner along with pressure cleaning.
How Do You Remove Graffiti?
The process of removing graffiti with a pressure cleaner is fairly straightforward, but it does requires care and precision. It is highly recommended that a professional pressure cleaning technician removes the graffiti for you. Following are the steps a professional pressure cleaning and graffiti removal service will take.
1. Safety First: A professional pressure cleaning technician will always wear protective gear, including safety glasses, gloves, and waterproof clothing. The high pressure can cause water and paint particles to ricochet.
2. Preparation: A professional will then cover any surrounding plants or objects that could be damaged by the high-pressure water or the removed paint.
3. Graffiti Remover: A pre-treatment graffiti remover solution will need to be applied to successfully remove the graffiti. This helps to loosen the paint and makes it easier for the pressure washer to remove it.
4. Pressure Washing: Now it is time to start pressure cleaning the graffiti. When cleaning graffiti from a surface the technician will start from the bottom and work their way up to prevent streaks of paint running down the wall. They will use a sweeping motion and maintain a consistent distance to avoid damaging the surface.
5. Rinse and Repeat: After pressure cleaning the surface, the last step is to rinse the surface with water.
How Does Pressure Washing Affect the Environment?
Pressure cleaning is an environmentally friendly method of graffiti removal. It uses water as the primary cleaning agent, reducing the need for harsh chemical solvents. However, it’s important to be mindful of water usage and to collect runoff water when possible to prevent pollutants from entering storm drains. A professional will ensure a thorough cleaning and avoid impacting the surrounding environment.
Pressure Cleaning, Power Washing & More in McDonough, Barnesville, Fayetteville, Covington, Locust Grove, Griffin, Stockbridge & Social Circle, Georgia
Pressure cleaning is simply a fast and effective way to remove graffiti from walls, fences, brick and many other different types of surfaces. To help maintain your community and have graffiti removed, seek out professional pressure cleaning services. For fast and quality pressure cleaning services, contact Big Moose Pressure Cleaning and schedule our services today.