When it comes to the cleanliness and upkeep of the exterior of your home or business, most will agree that is an essential part of living. From the aesthetics to the health and preservation of the various surfaces; regular cleaning has its advantages. Contaminants, pollution residues, allergy inducing residues, dirt, grime, chemicals, oil, germs, bacteria, mold, mildew, fungus, and other forms of debris are continually collected on any exterior surfaces. Building exterior, surrounding areas, and other structures can be an overwhelming sizable chore. With pressure cleaning, these larger surfaces can get an effective deep clean that is also time efficient. As the name suggests, this method includes the use of a pressurized machine that uses the water in conjunction with cleaners to get a maximum level of clean quickly.
Power Washer Guide for Home Use
For those new to the idea of pressure washing, we at Big Moose Pressure Cleaning would like to relate some facts to better familiarize you with the procedure.
1) When it comes to facilities open to the public, or even in the path of the public, the volume of filth escalates. Foot traffic, discarded chewed gum, spilled beverages, food, spit, poorly disposed refuse on top of the accumulation of environmental waste building up on the outside of your commercial property brings down the appeal. Immaculate and aesthetically pleasing impressions are appealing to customers and improving the health conditions for staff members can help ward off sick days. Routine pressure cleaning of the exterior building, sidewalks, parking lots, windows, and dumpster pads are extremely beneficial for your business and can give you the upper hand among the competitors.
2) Pressure cleaning is ideal prior to applying fresh coats of paint after the sanding and preparations have been completed to ensure a smooth, even application. Additionally, pressure cleaning can keep the paint job looking pristine. Experts agree that annual pressure cleaning can extend the lifespan of the exterior for three additional years; which is a more cost effective approach.
3) Buildings, homes, or in warehouses, garages, vehicles, walls, fences and so forth are susceptible to mildew, molds, and other contaminants. A pressure washer can easily handle these hazardous microbes. With the powerful force generated by the power washing, compacted filth will be efficiently dislodged from those hard to clean areas.
4) Where you may believe that the power washing equipment you buy or rent is comparable to the ones professional use, know that is not the case. Like in many industries, replicated equipment engineered for unlicensed consumers are downgraded and more often than not, diluted knockoffs that do not offer the same quality, durability, and effectiveness that professionally designed equipment offers. For example, consumer pressure equipment quickly shows wear and tear from constant use when compared to the high-end professional grade.
5) The world today being congested with different types of businesses, factories and additional pollution generating businesses that deposit the invisible chemical films, obvious pollution residue, and other hazardous particles on the exterior surfaces. Power washing is a more appropriate approach to enhancing the level of clean, increase sanitation, and dispel odors derived of such inflictions as well contributing to delayed repairs on structures.
What Size Pressure Washer Do I Need to Clean Concrete & Other Surfaces
To clean concrete and other similar surfaces effectively a professional pressure cleaning company uses a power washer with a pressure rating of at least 3000 psi and a flow rate of at least 5 gallons per minute. Once an adequate water pressure is established, flow rate determines the cleaning speed. For example, you can blast at 10,000 psi, but if you have a flow of only two gallons per minute, you aren’t going to achieve the desired results.
Pressure Washing & More in McDonough, Barnesville, Fayetteville, Covington, Locust Grove, Griffin, Stockbridge, Social Circle & Jackson Georgia
If you are due for a pressure cleaning for your home or business, contact Big Moose Pressure Cleaning and let our experts do the rest!