Concrete is commonly used in driveways across the US. They are very durable, can withstand quite a bit of abuse, and if properly maintained, concrete driveways are esthetically pleasing. Despite the visibly hard surface, concrete is particularly porous. Concrete is made from tiny gravel particles, sand, and cement mix which leaves tiny holes on the surface where dirt and debris can settle into, leaving your concrete driveway looking dirty and dull. Big Moose Pressure Cleaning share some tips on keeping your concrete driveway looking extraordinary.
Concrete Driveway Maintenance Tips:
As the days wear on, the porous concrete collects dirt, grime, bacteria, grease, oil, mildew and mold. The stains left behind on your driveway are primarily due to the accumulation of the previously listed debris and particulates. Most of the filth is produced by the natural elements.
1. Take the time to sweep away the dirt at least once a week to avoid an abundance of the dirt settling on the surface.
2. Rinse away the spills before they stain.
3. Repair any cracks as quickly as possible to maintain the durability and to reduce water intrusion from creating additional damage or mildew and mold from growing in the cracks.
4. Seal the joints of the concrete as often as it appears they are in need. This minimizes the water intrusion, dirt accumulation, and keeps the weeds from sprouting.
5. Invest in a professional pressure washing a minimum of once a year, but biyearly is recommended, to remove the buildup and stubborn stains from the penetrated surface layers to reveal a vibrant concrete driveway.
6. After the power washing service, have the surface of your concrete treated with concrete sealants. Doing so can repel water, dust proof the driveway, increase resistance to abrasions, and maximize resistance to UV rays.
7. If you have decorative or colored concrete the basic steps apply, but make sure you are following the maintenance plan specific to your driveway’s needs.
– Avoid using acidic based cleaners when tending to the stains left on the concrete driveway.
– Avoid heavy weight from sitting on your drive way for too long. Your concrete driveway is designed to tolerate the weight of cars and pick up trucks but avoid storing heavy equipment as well as large moving trucks and vans for long periods at a time.
Residential Concrete Driveway Pressure Washing & Commercial Power Washing in McDonough, Barnesville, Fayetteville, Covington, Locust Grove & Griffin Georgia
When it comes time to get your driveway professional pressure cleaned, use Big Moose Pressure Cleaning. Pressure cleaning, or power washing is our specialty and we have advanced training and experience to ensure your concrete driveways are thoroughly cleaned. Big Moose Pressure Cleaning takes advantage of top quality equipment and detergents exclusively offered to licensed professionals. In conjunction with superior products and equipment, our talented experts can deliver premium results and reveal a vibrant, clean, sanitized, deodorized, and glorified concrete driveway. We can remove the dirt, oil, grease, mold, and mildew clogging the pores, creating stubborn stains. Give us a call today to get started on your concrete driveway pressure cleaning service!