Everyone is getting that springtime itch to get their spring cleaning checklist marked up with various organization and cleaning tasks. While it is important to do this inside your house each spring, it is equally important that you don’t forget to take care of the outside of your home as well. Big Moose Pressure Cleaning is here to share an outdoor spring cleaning checklist to help you get the outside of your home in tip-top shape, just like the inside.
Deep Spring Cleaning Outdoors Maintenance
Following is a compiled list of things you shouldn’t forget when you are cleaning up the exterior of your home and yard.
– Gutters: After months of winter, your gutters are sure to have some debris lodged in them. Get rid of debris before summer storms hit.
– Garage Door: This part of your home is often overlooked, but can get quite dirty. It should be cleaned once a year and may need to be scrubbed with a sponge and dawn dish soap. You can always have it professionally cleaned as well.
– Windows: Nobody wants to see dirty windows when they open them to let the sun shine through. You can rent a steam machine at your local hardware store to help you in this endeavor. Your windows should be cleaned twice a year; once in the spring and then again in the late fall.
– Cobwebs: There are likely cobwebs all over your home as we move into spring. You can easily remove them with a broom or a poly-fiber duster as well. You can remove the webs from your broom or duster by rubbing them in the grass.
– Garbage Cans: If it has been a while since you have last cleaned your garbage cans, they are likely very dirty. No matter how diligent you are when you dispose of your trash, there is a certain amount of leaking that is inevitable.
– Siding: The siding on your home is probably dirtier than it looks. Many people don’t realize how dirty their house is until they have it pressure washed. Remove all the dirt, dust and other debris that builds up throughout the year.
– Roof: After such a wet winter it’s likely you have unsightly dark streaks on your asphalt shingle roof. This can be caused by an accumulation of dirt, mold, mildew and/or Gloeocapsa Magma algae. Soft wash roof cleaning can remove these contaminants.
– Deck: This is a good time to inspect your deck for any repairs that need to be made. You may need to refinish it if the sealer is wearing off. Before you can refinish the surface, it needs to be cleaned with a pressure washer.
– Grill: Who doesn’t love a good BBQ in the summer? No one wants to eat from a dirty grill though. Don’t forget to give your grill a deep cleaning as you work outside this spring.
Power Washing & More in McDonough, Barnesville, Fayetteville, Covington, Locust Grove, Griffin, Stockbridge, Social Circle & Jackson, Georgia
If you have several items on your spring cleaning list that need to be pressure washed, it is better to leave that job to the professionals at Big Moose Pressure Cleaning. We have the expertise and equipment needed to safely clean the outside of your home. Call us today!