Gutters are an essential part of your home and is an important part of its defense against water damage. However, over time gutters can become clogged with leaves, twigs, and other debris, leading to a number of potential problems. Pressure cleaning can be an efficient solution to keep your gutters clean. Big Moose Pressure Cleaning will share how pressure cleaning can help clean your gutters, when it’s the time to do so, and the best approach for the job.
Why Do People have Their Gutters Pressure Washed?
• Prevent Water Damage: When gutters become clogged, they can overflow, leading to water seeping into the foundation, walls, and basement. This can cause mold growth, structural damage, and a number of other issues.
• Prolong Gutter Lifespan: Debris in the gutters can trap moisture, leading to rust and corrosion in metal gutters. Keeping them clean can extend their useful life.
• Avoid Pest Infestations: Clogged gutters can be a haven for pests like mosquitoes, birds, and rodents. Regular cleaning helps in keeping these unwelcome guests at bay.
What is the Best Time of Year to Clean Gutters?
• After Fall: Once the trees have shed their leaves in autumn, it is the perfect time to clear out your gutters. This prepares them for winter snow and ice.
• Spring Cleaning: After winter is another good time to check and clean your gutters to ensure they are ready for spring showers.
• After a Storm: Heavy storms can bring down twigs, leaves, and other debris. Check your gutters after major storms.
How Do You Clean the Outside of Gutters with a Pressure Washer?
• Safety First: Ensure you have a sturdy ladder and consider using ladder stabilizers. Always let someone know you are working or have them spot you. Wear protective goggles and gloves.
• Inspect Gutters: Before cleaning, inspect your gutters for major damages, sagging sections, or loose nails. Address any issues you find before proceeding.
• Remove Large Debris: Before using the pressure washer, manually remove any large debris like twigs or leaves. This can be done using a trowel or your hands.
• Set the Right Pressure: You do not need an extremely high setting to clean gutters. Start low and increase pressure as needed. Too much pressure can damage your gutters.
• Use the Right Nozzle: For gutters, a 40-degree nozzle can provide a broad enough spray to be effective without being too forceful.
• Clean From the Downspout: Always clean moving away from the downspout. This ensures that you are pushing the debris out of the gutter system rather than jamming it into the downspout.
• Rinse and Check: After pressure cleaning, rinse the gutters with a regular hose. Check to ensure water flows smoothly and drains out the downspout without any blockages.
• Consider Gutter Guards: If you find cleaning the gutters too difficult, think about investing in gutter guards. They can help reduce the amount of debris that enters the gutter system.
Pressure Cleaning, Power Washing & More in McDonough, Barnesville, Fayetteville, Covington, Locust Grove, Griffin, Stockbridge & Social Circle & Jackson, Georgia
Pressure cleaning your gutters is an essential aspect of home maintenance. It not only helps in preventing potential water damage but also ensures your gutters last longer and function efficiently. By understanding the why, when, and how of gutter cleaning, you can ensure a safer and more effective cleaning experience. If you do not have the tools or ability to clean your gutters, consider hiring a professional pressure cleaning services. For quality pressure cleaning services, contact Big Moose Pressure Cleaning today.