Most homeowners will do anything they can to keep mold from their homes. While there is definitely mold outside in many places, you will not want to see this on the outside of your home just as much as you don’t want to see it on the inside. There are a few things you can do to ensure mold doesn’t grow on the outside of your home. Big Moose Pressure Cleaning is here to help you avoid mold on the exterior of your home.
Can Mold Cause Sickness & Property Damage?
There are many ways that mold can be damaging not only to your home, but to your health. Following are some of the reasons you don’t want to find mold on the outside of your home.
– Mold Spreads: When you find mold on the outside of your home, it doesn’t mean that that is the only place it will be. If you leave mold alone, it will spread to other areas of your home and even possible inside your home.
– Health Risks: If mold is on the outside of your home, it doesn’t pose the same level of health risk to you, but it can still be dangerous. Elderly people as well young children and babies are more susceptible to health issues dealing with mold than others. If there are high levels of mold on the outside of your home and your children are often playing near it, it can be an issue.
– Mold Causes Damage: Mold can cause serious damage to your home if you don’t remove it. It will start to eat at the wood and cause significant damage. Even if your home is built using more durable materials, it can cause damage if it is left there long enough.
– Mold Looks Dirty: Most homeowners don’t like the way mold looks on their home. Even if the homeowner doesn’t, others won’t appreciate it. Mold on the outside of your home can cause the value of your home to go down.
How to Prevent Mold on the Outside of Your House
To avoid mold growth on the outside of your home, it is important that you take some preventative measures.
– Make sure your gutters are clean, unclogged and in good working order, and properly remove excess water away from your home.
– Keep your trees and bushes trimmed and at least 15-18 inches away from your home.
– When painting your home, use mold resistant paint.
– If you are worried about mold in your area, use materials like brick and stucco on your home rather than wood.
Pressure Cleaning, Power Washing Services & More in McDonough, Barnesville, Fayetteville, Covington, Locust Grove, Griffin, Stockbridge & Social Circle Georgia
If you have found mold on the exterior of your home, you can count on the experts at Big Moose Pressure Cleaning to help you remove it with our pressure washing services. We have the training needed to ensure we use the right amount of pressure and avoid damaging your home during the mold removal process. Call us today!